Turner Motorsport Aluminum Skid Plate for BMW E90 E92 M3
The E9x M3 belly pan is a constant point of impact for parking curbs, inclines, and road debris. Fortunately, there is usually little damage other than the brittle belly pan plastic and side covers which is still not a cheap expense. The Turner Motorsport skid plate is the ultimate upgrade for your belly pan replacement woes, simply being the final replacement for nearly the same cost as the plastic OE replacement.
Turner made a decision to move forward with a black powder coat finish so the skid plate blends in close to the OE look and stays looking good under normal wear. Even though things look similar there are a lot of features taken into consideration when this was designed. The plates mount slightly higher offering even more ground clearance, so there is less chance of impact even though the this skid plate will provide all the strength you need to feel safe. Manufactured from 3/16" 5052 Aluminum at the center plate and 1/8" thick aluminum side plates fastened to the M3 with 1018 steel brackets that perfectly integrate with the factory liners and mounting points. When installing this skid plate there is zero modification required to mount this to your car making this upgrade completely reversible if desired.
All components are protected using wrinkle black powder coat finish to maintain a sleek appearance and protect against corrosion. Includes new stainless steel hardware.
- 3/16” thick aluminum main plate and 1/8” thick aluminum side plates
- 1018 powder coated steel tube support braces for maximum skid plate strength
- Retains factory air duct for oil cooler
- Maintains wheel liner mounting positions
- Contains all necessary stainless mounting hardware and components (OE rubber trim from the vent will need transferred)
- No modification necessary; easy to convert back to stock
- Made in America