ESS E46 M3 G500 Supercharger System (Gen.4)
NOTE: KITS ARE MADE TO ORDER AND CANNOT BE CANCELED ONCE PLACED
The intercooled ESS Tuning Gen.4 S54 G500 supercharger system is the culmination of over 20 years of S54 forced induction experience and over 1400 S54 supercharger systems sold worldwide to date. It produces 500hp and 330lb-ft of torque at 7 psi of boost. Featuring the patented, highly efficient, extremely durable and light weight ESS G1 supercharger unit. This unit delivers quick boost, a very strong mid range and considerably less mechanical noise than earlier versions of our S54 systems on top of a ~12lbs savings in total system weight.
The G500 comes with a completely new 6rib belt drive system with speed optimized power steering and water pump rotation for track duty, a 3" front mount intercooler (FMIC) that is designed to fit without modification to the OEM front bumper and a specially developed cast aluminum intake manifold assembly with an integrated high capacity bypass valve designed not only for optimum flow, but for minimal weight to not disrupt the iconic chassis balance of the M3. The G500 is a complete system with everything you need for correct installation.
The supercharger system includes the ESS E-Flash OBD2 cable and specific ESS engine software that is perfectly calibrated for the G540 supercharged engine providing optimum ignition timing under all conditions, re-calibrated throttle control for quicker throttle response, re-calibrated VANOS control, and perfectly optimized fuel delivery under all conditions. The dyno limiter and top speed governors are also removed. E-Flash allows the end user to upload the supercharger ECU software from any PC running Windows 7 or newer, and includes full diagnostic and code clearing capability. Any future ESS software updates can be received by email and loaded directly to the car. The stock ECU software will be saved and can easily be restored in the future.
Power delivery is 100% smooth and of OEM standard. The car behaves just like stock until you demand power, then the car completely transform providing brutal acceleration normally reserved for pure race cars.
- ESS G1 internally lubricated high-efficiency supercharger unit.
- 6PK (6rib) belt drive system with G500 specific SC drive ratio.
-Direct fit 3" front mount intercooler system with casted end tanks for improved flow (FMIC).
- Cast aluminum ESS intake manifold.
- High capacity bypass-valve system.
- Powder-coated, flow optimized mandrel bent tubing
- One belt driven w/auto tension system.
- CNC machined, hard anodized brackets.
- CNC hard anodized crankshaft pulley.
- CNC hard anodized water pump pulley (very important for proper water pump gear ratio)
- Long life 6PK serpentine drive belt.
- Oil breather assembly designed for boost.
- 5 layer super strength silicone hose throughout system.
- ESS spec fuel pressure system
- High capacity, direct replacement Siemens 630cc fuel injectors.
- K&N cold air intake located inside front bumper.
- ESS E-Flash reprogramming and diagnostic interface
- Perfectly optimized, dyno tweaked MSS54/MSS54HP ECU software with removed top speed governor.
- Detailed and illustrated installation manual.
- 2yr./unlimited mileage warranty.
- 100% maintenance free operation.
Installation Time: 6-8 hours
The G540 requires the use of 91AKI/95RON and above fuel quality.
The system is designed and calibrated for OEM Euro style exhaust headers. OEM US headers will also work well if the car does not see extensive track use. The system is capable of supporting considerably more boost/HP.
- Boost pressure: 7 PSI
- Horsepower: 500SAE
- Torque: 330 ft/lbs
Correction factor for drivetrain loss is 15% above RWHP as seen in dynograph (RWHP/0.85)
Application intended for: E46 M3 from 2001-2006
THIS PRODUCT MAY BE USED SOLELY ON VEHICLES USED IN SANCTIONED COMPETITION WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED UPON A PUBLIC ROAD OR HIGHWAY, UNLESS PERMITTED BY SPECIFIC REGULATORY EXEMPTION
(VISIT THE “EMISSIONS” PAGE AT HTTP://WWW.SEMASAN.COM/EMISSIONS FOR STATE BY STATE DETAILS.)
LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA ONLY FOR RACING VEHICLES WHICH MAY NEVER BE USED, OR REGISTERED OR LICENSED FOR USE, UPON A HIGHWAY.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTALLER AND/OR USER OF THIS PRODUCT TO ENSURE THAT IT IS USED IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
THIS POLICY ONLY APPLIES TO INSTALLERS AND/OR USERS WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES, HOWEVER CUSTOMERS WHO RESIDE IN OTHER COUNTRIES SHOULD ACT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.