ECS Tuning Coolant Outlet Hose Kit -N20/N26
Some of the biggest issues when owning a BMW can come from cooling system components. Even through the years of improvement the same failure is seen with the plastic fittings and adapters from years of hot to cold temperature fluctuation. The N20/N26 engines see failure at the plastic adapter connecting the thermostat hose to the cylinder head, this adapter simple shears off at the end of the barbed fitting.
The engineering team at ECS decided a billet aluminum piece was a much better option to contend with the temperature fluctuation and since other offering on the market want you to modify your OE hose to be reused we even developed a silicone replacement hose. These 2 pieces can be purchased separately if you decide to reuse your existing OE hose or in a package kit together for a single click upgrade.
Manufactured from billet 6061-T6 with type III anodize for exceptional durability and corrosion resistance.
Much stronger part than OEM plastic
Will not become brittle and fatigue over time due thermal cycling. This will prevent the part from breaking during removal and re-installation.
- Constructed of 4-Ply reinforced silicone for improved durability over the failure-prone OE rubber hose.
- Flourosilicone lined internal layer for exceptional chemical resistance.
- Silicone offers reduced thermal conductivity as well as improved resistance to ozone and UV degradation for improved performance and durability.
- Follows OEM form for perfect fitment.
- Utilizes OEM O-ring 11537545278 to ensure a proper seal.