APEX M12x1.5mm BMW 5 Lug Stud Kit
About Our Stud Kits
Our new and improved APEX BMW wheel stud kits are the perfect upgrade for any set of performance wheels. We engineered these wheel studs with an improved shoulder design to eliminate stress risers that lead to stud failure in most other designs. These wheel studs feature a 5mm hex head for easier install, but our new design is now also available in a true bullet nose version. Use this kit to convert your 5 lug BMW from inconvenient lug bolts to stronger and safer wheel studs. These can be used with or without spacers, and are easy to install.
This kit includes 20 studs and 20 lug nuts. Install kit sold separately.
Studs and nuts can also be purchased individually.
Benefits of a Wheel Stud Conversion Kit
Try and find a BMW race car that hasn't converted to wheel studs yet with a stud conversion kit. They're stronger, safer, and improve pit stop times significantly.
For non race cars, stud conversions still make wheel installation and removal much easier as you no longer have to line up the holes in your wheels, spacers, and hubs before hand threading a single lug bolt through. Simply slide the wheel onto the studs, and let go. With lugs, an unsupported wheel will slip off the hub lip and fall onto the ground. With studs, there is enough length to float the wheel in place and in proper alignment. Sitting on the ground with your feet under the car, and supporting the wheel with your feet while you try and line everything up is a thing of the past.
Extended length wheel studs like these allow for a range of spacers to be used without any additional modification. You can easily use 3mm, 5mm, 10, and 12mm spacers with our 75mm studs. For 15mm, 18mm, 20mm, and 25mm spacers, our 90mm studs are required to allow for enough thread engagement. Either length kit can be used without spacers just as easily. When using lug bolts with spacers you are forced to purchase a different length lug for each width spacer as any spacer even 3mm thick is dangerous to use with the short thread OEM BMW lug hardware.. Why own a bucket full of lugs when a single set of studs can do it all?
By remaining installed, studs will put less wear on the threads of your hubs. They guarantee there is enough thread engagement, as you can see how many threads were engaged during install.
Wheel studs replace your OEM lug bolts by simply threading into your car's hub. Once installed they do not need to be removed when changing or removing wheels. Only the lug nuts are removed similar to many domestic and import vehicles.
APEX Stud Kit Specifications
- APEX Wheel studs are exclusively manufactured for us by a TUV approved manufacturer and OEM supplier in Europe to our design specifications
- New thicker shoulder design provides a superior seat for bottoming-out during installation
- Thicker shoulder prevents the stud from threading further into the wheel hub, resulting in stress risers caused by additional threads cut into the stud
- 75mm length allows for the use of spacers up to 12mm in thickness safely, or no spacer at all, without making any hardware changes
- Hex Head stud tip includes a 5mm hex to allow for faster installation. Install kit including 5mm allen wrench and red thread locker sold separately.
- Bullet nose stud tip features a true bullet-nose tip for race use. Bullet nose tips allow for faster installation of wheel hardware as alignment is even easier and an airgun can safely be used
- Studs are 10.9 grade and cold forged from steel wire
- Studs and nuts are M12x1.5 thread with a 60 degree taper identical to OEM BMW hardware
- Studs are black zinc plated, while the nuts are available in both black and silver zinc plating
Lug Thread Pitch
|All E-chassis BMW models (Except E70 X5)||M12x1.5mm|
|All F-chassis BMW models (and E70 X5)||M14x1.25mm|