CSF High-Performance Heat Exchanger (BMW G8X M3/M4)
- Significantly Reduces Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) for Maximum Performance
- Improves Air Flow to the Rest of the Cooling System for Lower Engine Coolant and Engine Oil Temperatures
- 2-Row, 42mm Ultra-High-Performance Core
- 6.5mm Tall Multi-Louvered Fin
- CNC Machined Mounting Brackets and OEM Style “Quick Connect” Inlet/Outlet
- 100% All Aluminum TIG-Welded Construction
- Includes Black Rock Guards (upper and lower) & Transmission Cooler Mounting Kit
- Upper and Lower Rock Guards for Manual Transmission
- Upper Rock Guard and Transmission Cooler Mounting Kit for ZF8 Auto
- True Plug-and-Play “Drop-in Fit” Installation Requires Absolutely No Modifications
The CSF High-performance heat exchanger significantly reduces your intake air temperatures on your BMW G8X M3 or M4. Prolonged use, such as track days or the drag strip, will cause the intake air temperature to rise while using your factory heat exchanger. This will decrease performance as the ECU will start to pull timing (meaning less power) as a safety measure to save the motor from damage.
The CSF High-Performance Heat Exchanger will help reduce the chance of this happening by keeping the intake air temperatures in check. Along with keeping the intake air temperature in check, the new heat exchanger allows for more airflow to the entire cooling system, thus helping to reduce the engine coolant and oil temperature.
Design, Development, and Testing
The CSF Heat Exchanger features a 2-Row (vs. OEM single row) Core that is 42mm thick with CSF’s Exclusive B-Tube Technology. Increasing the size of the core and end tanks adds to the overall volume of the system, which helps absorb more heat. The more efficient core helps dissipate more heat from the design and provides better airflow into the radiator that sits behind the heat exchanger. For vehicles equipped with the ZF8 Automatic Transmission, the heat exchanger core specifications were designed concurrently with CSF’s new Race-Spec Dual Core Transmission Oil Cooler.
The Black Rock Guards offer complete protection for the heat exchanger (above and below the crash bar), especially when paired with aftermarket “open face” race-style grilles. These grilles have become quite popular for performance and aesthetics, and keeping your heat exchanger safe from debris is very important.